Pages

12.21.2010

Rain


It's been raining for the past five days. For these dry parts, that's quite a lot. However, I'm grateful.

I'm grateful that I have a roof over head, besides the obvious  it creates a symphony of rain drops and I listen intently because it is a reminder of Mother Natures' presence, grace and power. I also gratefully await the green carpet of fresh, newborn herbs that will soon appear. So many, many things to be grateful for. It's a pleasurable choice after spending a lifetime meticulously finding every possible thing to complain about.


Thoreau always manages to capture our grateful interaction with nature and nature's profound effect on the reverent and thoughtful...

"Some of my pleasantest hours were during the long rain-storms in the spring or fall, which confined me to the house for the afternoon as well as the forenoon, soothed by their ceaseless roar and pelting; when an early twilight ushered in a long evening in which many thoughts had time to take root and unfold themselves. In those driving northeast rains which tried the village houses so, when the maids stood ready with mop and pail in front entries to keep the deluge out, I sat behind my door in my little house, which was all entry, and thoroughly enjoyed its protection...


http://thoreau.eserver.org/walden05.html

No comments:

Post a Comment