Pages

12.22.2010

Free Rangers: The Prescribed Life

Jessica of minimalstudent.com offered an excellent one paragraph microscopic analysis of life as minimalists 'knew it' and I couldn't agree more:


"As people, since childhood, we are told that we should always want more and more. That we should grab as much as we can. We spend our lives earning more money to buy houses bigger than we need, to buy more clothes than we can wear and flashy cars just to get from A to B. We’re told to stuff ourselves at Thanksgiving and Christmas, fill our schedules with appointments and errands, keep up with all the media that surrounds us on TV, in magazines and on the internet. We’re told to take whatever we can, and as much of it as possible. But many of us know there is another way."

3 comments:

  1. So ReaL SisTar... did a big clear out last month, another big one in the new year... I am so willing to downsize everything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great summation. You know, it seems like my life is working itself. Clearing out what doesn't need to be there, tiring me out on things that used to seem so pertinent that now take massive energy on my part to dedicate anything to it. That's what I love about my life. I used to fight it, because it seemed to happen every seven years like clockwork. Now, I know that it's an energy that needed to be given its room and that going with the flow of it always brings me to a higher point. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Princess, downsizing provides such a refreshing release. You will be surprised by the sense of enlargement in your life as you 'travel' through life with less.

    @ Yolie, seven is a mystical number and I'm not surprised you feel its pull. I also keep feeling the pull to release myself from external realities that left me anxious and unhappy. Each and every day slips through our fingers and we give our energies to everything but our deepest inner calling.

    So glad you both visited and shared :)

    ReplyDelete