Pages

12.25.2010

I Can Not Borrow a Single Thing

I can not borrow a single thing.Why? Because I do not know my neighbors. I remember hearing about times when this was not so. When a homemaker could and would run across the street to a neighbor's house to borrow a cup of sugar, an onion or quart of milk. How much do we [with all our fancy TVs, Ipads, and cell phones] benefit from such an estranged lifestyle. Each and every behavior we hold onto that takes us farther from our roots chips away at our being human. I'm in the process of moving into another location and have decided to be the change that inspires me. I'll knock on each neighbors door, introduce myself and let them know that I'd like to get to know them. 'System' may have taken me for a ride, but I have the power to decide when and where to get off.

No comments:

Post a Comment