Pages

12.22.2010

The Most Venerated Souls Championed Simplicity

A meditation for today: I am certain that there is nothing new under the sun and what I'm about to say is nothing ingenious or original. However, I've noticed that there is not one great soul I admire who didn't naturally and instinctively cling to simplicity in lifestyle, action and thought; e.g., poverty in possessions (lack of attachment), wealth in spirit.


Haile Sellassie I, Iyesus Christos, Buddha, Amma, Mother Teresa, Leonard Howell, Maria Stewart, Malcolm X, Marcus Garvey, Patrice Lumumba, Henry David Thoreau

(a wholly incomplete list of the many, many greats)

In a world of many illusions and delusions, so many of us feel unworthy to relinquish the 'things' and ideas that burden our hearts and make us so unhappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment