Pages

12.28.2010

Housing outside the box: Tiny House in Berkeley

One of my greatest pleasures is looking at and dreaming of tiny houses. It's so absolutely contradictory to the concepts of housing that I was raised on. Furthermore, so many people, all over the world live in much smaller spaces than we Americans of the suburban tribe of humanity.

Not only is this 6 room, 420 sq foot home beautiful, but I relish the mentality fit for living and maneuvering your life in and through it from day to day. It's not for everyone, but for those who can make it work, why not and at a fraction of the cost???




If you live in the San Francisco/Berkeley area, you might be interested in more photos and the open house.

2 comments:

  1. I want it!!! Its been my fantasy since I was a child to live in a tiny home such as this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are wonderful aren't they!! I hope your dreams come true for obtaining one of these beauties :)

    ReplyDelete